Recipe by BOOMBAMBONBON!
Instead of going out for some chicken, why dont we just stay home and make some chicken? This dish wont take more than 15 mins.
Top Review by Susie D
I marinated the chicken overnight per your suggestion. Other than opting to use splenda in place of the sugar I followed the recipe exactly. The result was a sweet teriyaki flavored chicken breast which cooked quickly. After the long marinating the chicken did absorb a darker color. Next time I might add a grilled pineapple ring or sprinkle with green onions for color. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2011.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (Recommended ( kikkoman marinate and sauce)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the boneless chicken breasts into slices. About two inches in width. However you like it.
- In a large bowl, put in the chicken. In another bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, and sugar. Mix well.
- Chop the garlic and onion. Put into the bowl with chicken and mix with your hands or with a wooden spoon. Pour sauce over and mix.
- Set aside. I recommend it to marinated the chicken over night. In a non-stick pan/skillet, set to medium-heat and melt butter.
- Place chicken into the pan and cook each side for about 3-5 minutes Chicken may be brown on each side. Serve hot with rice.