Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
When in a hurry, this can be a solution. It's tasty, quick and filling.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 lb spinach
- Saute the onion in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except the spinach and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a little water if it is too dry.
- Stir in the spinach, cook for 2 minutes.
I double the recipe for a 3 man fire house. I still use 1 chx stock cube or 1 Tbl spoon of powdered chx stock as 2 makes it too salty. I also cut up carrots and add after the onions are cooked down. Never had a complaint.
For how simple this recipe is the result is far more than I expected it to be. I made a few changes as I marinaded the chicken then grilled it, served with boiled brown rice and added mushrooms.
Really tasty!My family want me to cook it tonight again. I doubled the amount of everything for 5 of us (using 5 chicken breasts too) and ommitted the spinach. I also added a tin of coconut milk to it...mmmm lovely.Even my six year old ate it, so it must be good!