Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What makes this more special than the traditional cordon bleu rolls is the delicious combination of proscuitto and swiss. They complement one another perfectly. Serve this dish with rild rice and asparagus or a nice risotto for a quick - yet elegant - weeknight meal. I adapted this recipe from a crockpot cookbook I once had.
- 6 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 6 pieces prosciutto
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- On each chicken breast, place one piece of prosciutto and cheese. Roll up each chicken breast and secure with a toothpick. Season each roll with salt and pepper. Place in the Crock-Pot slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soup, milk and white wine. Pour half of this mixture over the chicken breast rolls, placing the other half in the refrigerator for later. Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving heat up the remainder of your sauce and put over the chicken breast when serving (also tastes wonderful over rice or risotto).
When I made these I didn't have time to put them in the crock pot, so I improvised. I pounded the chicken breasts down to roughly half inch thickness then layered them up with the prosciutto and swiss. I put the seasoned rolls in a baking dish, poured the sauce over them, then baked in a 400 degree oven for an hour. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing and we'll make these again.