Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups vegetables, of your choice (oriental, carrots, water chestnuts, ect)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chow mein noodles or rice
- Brown onions in butter.
- Add chicken, celery and other veggies.
- Mix chicken broth, soy sauce and sugar and pour into pan with chicken and veggies.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Thicken with the 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with just a little bit of water.
- Serve over chow mein noodles or rice.
I liked this recipe very much! I didn't use the cornstarch though because the broth had reduced down. I thought it was an excellent recipe. Thanks Shelli!!!!
great recipe, i put cabbage and carrots in. i used alot more soya sauce tho. but came out great.
This was very tasty! I used leftover rotiserie chicken and frozen Oriental vegetables. I didn't need to use the cornstarch as there was no real "juices" to speak of. I served this over brown rice. Thanks Shelli!