Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can bake this dish with the rice or bake the chicken by itself and serve over cooked rice, pasta, or potatoes. Any cream soup will do.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs or 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Brown the chicken in a nonstick skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes per side Spread the cooked rice evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and arrange it on top of the rice.
- Add the water to the skillet and bring it to a boil over high, scraping up any browned bits to deglaze it.
- Add the soup and sherry and stir until smooth.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the dish tightly and bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour.