Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and off the cuff recipe for those nights you don't want to spend a lot of time on prep, or you're staring at your pantry asking what you're going to do to stretch ingredients till payday. It's started in the microwave and finished in the oven.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili with beans
- 3 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Lawrys seasoned garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced
- 8 flour tortillas, 10-inch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place frozen potatoes in a microwave safe bowl, add about 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook on high for about 7 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Place chopped onion in microwave safe bowl, but do not add additional water. Cover and cook on high for about 2 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add onions, jalapenos, 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt, cilantro, 1/2 package of taco seasoning and 1/2 of the can of chili to the potatoes, and stir until evenly mixed.
- In another bowl, mix remaining chili, rest of taco seasoning, rest of garlic salt, cheddar cheese, and enough water to make about 2 cups of sauce.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave between two plates, approximate 1-2 minutes on high.
- Place about 1/3 of a cup of the potato mixture onto each tortilla, roll up them up tightly, and arrange in a greased 9"x9" baking dish in two layers.
- Pour chili-cheese mixture over burritos and put in oven. Bake 15-30 minutes, until burritos are warmed through and cheese is melted.