Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
After trying several catfish cake recipes, I improvised using catfish in my wife's tuna cake recipe. I was very pleased with the results.
- 1 lb catfish nuggets
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Boil the nuggets for 25 to 30 minutes, cool, remove the skins that usually accompany this cut.
- Feed the skins to the cats, (pun intended).
- Flake the catfish.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Form small patties brown in canola or vegetable oil.
These turned out pretty good! Definiely a quick use for the nuggets I caught on special the other day.