Recipe by charmaine curry
this is one of those magical recipies where the ingredients take a life of their own together. Its a real favourite in our house and very easy to make. The hanabero chilli split open once and it was like dynamite ! But we ate it anyway.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions
- 1 the lime, juice of
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (jamaican pimento)
- 1 pint chicken stock
- white wine
- 1 habanero pepper
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the chopped garlic, chopped onion, chopped green chillies, allspice and lime juice.
- Leave to marinade for at least an hour, preferably over night.
- Scrape the marinade off the chicken and reserve.
- Fry the chicken in the oil.
- Return the marinade to the pan with the stock and or wine, to cover the chicken.
- Put the WHOLE hanabero chilli in the middle and let it simmer.
- It should perfume the dish without adding heat.
- I serve this with a tin of red kidney beans, thyme, garlic and creamed coconut in, and a watercress salad.