Recipe by chefbf7393
These are delicious, quick, and very easy. I suggest if you have any little ones to get themup off the couch and have a few extra hands.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Quaker Oats or 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (salted)
- 3 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesof pilsbury cresent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT: oven to 350 degrees.
- MIX: in a medium bowl put in the cup of brown sugar, then add in the butter. Start to mix up the brown sugar and softened butter untill you cant see the butter. Then add in the oats (preferred) or the pecans (optional), vanilla, and light corn syrup. Using ur hands combine all of the ingredients untill u alm ost have a ball of this creamy course mixture.
- UNROLL: on a cutting board unroll the ENTIRE cresent roll careful not to tear apart. Then add HALF of the filling into the center. After laying the pile in the center spread the filling around evenly (or the best yyou can). Then roll the cresent roll as if u where rolling a pumkin roll.
- (REPEAT THIS STEP TO THE OTHER CRESENT ROLL).
- CUT: using a string is what i found easiest. U wrap ur piece ir string or thread under the uncooked roll and wrap around the roll to the top. Then cross the thread thus slicing the roll perfectly. Slice about 8 from one roll.
- BAKE: 10-15 minutes or untill the roll is that perfect golden brown.
- NOTE: you should expect some of the sweet caramel filling to melt out of the rolls. thats an easy fix. You just let the rolls cool and cut the roll out with all the caramel around it.
- SERVE: On a plate with some vanilla ice cream or plain. either way these are delicious treats for you and the whole family.