Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a coupon flier for Wesson Oil, Pam Cooking Spray and Orville Redenbacher Popcorn.
- Heat oil and pop popcorn according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large (17x11-inch) baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread popped popcorn on baking sheet, remove unpopped kernals.
- Combine margarine and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Cook on high heat for four minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture reaches full boil and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle sugar mixture over popped corn. Toss until evenly coated.
- Bake 8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes and again after removing from oven. Let cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in tightly sealed container.
This is great and easy! I added some cinnamon and a few dashes of nutmeg and a bit of ground cloves w/ a bit of baking soda and vanilla to the sugar and margarine while it was melting and that just made it all the better-- not to mention it smells fantastic, especially in the fall :)
Chef1MOM | my other reviews | e-mail me ***** PAC recipe- let me tell you this is great stuff and much less money then store bought. As I am a pocorn fanatic as is DS this is the perfect recipe for the both of us. This will be a regular for our summer camp fare treats as well as our movie night snack. Thank you for a great money saver. ***I also made this with micro popcorn and then followed carmel recipe for a quick snack at the cottege and it was jsut as good if not better because I did not have to wait so long. :-) — Jun 3, 2006 edited to add: made again and YUMMY. I served it still warm and sticky fingers and all everyone was wild for this. I am going to try making this again and rolling into pocorn balls for my summer students as a treat. Thank you again for a fast,fun and easy recipe.