Recipe by the80srule
I just mastered the art of caesar salad pizza, which is now becoming a favorite here because it's so filling and also contains a heaping portion of greens. This is more a technique than a recipe though, use whatever you have on hand. I used Dole Classic Romaine salad mix that was 95% lettuce, Easy Peasy 30-Minute Pizza Dough for the pizza dough (personal size), and Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing (Egg-Free) for the caesar dressing because I prefer homemade pizza crust and am happy with the dressing recipe I developed that is egg-free and vegetarian-suitable but feel free to use whatever you prefer or have if you're not vegetarian etc. You may have to bake for a little longer and up the other ingredient amounts if using a bigger crust. This is a pizza I will never get bored of!
- 9 inches prepared pizza crust (homemade or storebought)
- 3 -4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano (approx, just shake some on)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce (chopped or shredded)
- 3 -4 tablespoons caesar salad dressing (your favorite, homemade or storebought)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the pizza crust with mozzrella cheese to your liking, and sprinkle oregano on it. I don't like the cheese laywer to be too thick for this.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes at 400F or until most of it has melted and browned just a little and the crust is warmed.
- Mix the romaine lettuce and dressing in a bowl together while the cheese is baking on.
- When the cheese is done baking, extract the pizza crust from the oven (I made it in my toaster!) and cover with the dressing/lettuce mixture, then slice and enjoy.