Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes a nice salad, real fast! I like to use almonds when I am avoiding bread. Purchased flavored toasted almonds do fine. Croutons are best home made (brush bread cubes with garlic butter and bake until crisp/dry). I buy anchovy paste in the tube since it keeps a little longer than canned.
For the Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- kosher salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup croutons or 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Whish together dressing ingredients thoroughly.
- Toss lettuce with desired amount of dressing.
- Sprinkle with croutons or almonds and top with extra parmesan if desired.
- Refrigerate unused dressing tightly covered and use within one week.