Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mexican meets Italian in this recipe! Salsa makes creating this appetizer quick and easy.
Make and share this Quick and Easy Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf crusty bread (Italian, French, Sourdough)
- 2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- chopped fresh basil or parsley, if desired
- Heat broiler.
- Slice bread lengthwise.
- Place under broiler to slightly brown on top.
- Spread with salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Return to broiler to warm topping and melt cheese.
- Cut into small slices for appetizers or larger ones to serve with meats.
I was really in a hurry and this was what we need: quick, tasty and energetic!
Thanks for your tip!
I am honored to be the first person to review this because THIS IS WONDERFUL! So easy and so versatile. We had it for dinner with Rita L's Heavenly Pasta With Pesto! (#97870) and it was fabulous. I used french bread and a southwest salsa with corn and black beans. I also used 1 cup of low fat white cheddar and 1/2 cup parmesean and 1/2 cup romano (to tie in with the pesto). Very nice. I would love to play with the salsa and cheese combination. This was great as part of a family dinner but would be equally as wonderful as part of a nice dinner for guests. Thanks so much!!