1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Broccoli Soup
I got this recipe from Food Network website and changed it a little bit to my taste. It's great tasting and easy to make. Great comfort food on a rainy, cold day. You can use cauliflower as well. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic, from a jar or 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pinch dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce, thawed
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth or 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the potatoes, thyme, salt, and broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook uncovered until the potatoes are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Add the broccoli with cheese sauce.
- 6Simmer another 5-10 minutes.
- 7Puree the soup in batches in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- 8I like mine a little bit more chunky so I use
- 9a potato masher to smash the broccoli and potatoes leaving some texture in the soup.
- 10Bring to a simmer, taste, and season with salt
- 11and pepper.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 1013.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g