Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sounds delicious and easy!
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 6 slices crumbled bacon (cooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except paprika and bacon.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased pan, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with bacon, bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I also made a few changes. I took the advice of the other folks and added an extra egg. I also reserved a handful of the cheese to sprinkle on top to melt with the bacon during the last 5 minutes. Another change I made was cooking the whole thing in a pie crust because it just didn't feel like quiche without the pie crust. :) It got rave reviews! Thanks! The cottage cheese idea is brilliant!
It needs a little bit more flavour. Maybe some parsely or basil and a little bit more salt...but other than that it was good.
Wow! I love this, I added sausage, and it came out amazing! And it was soooo easy, too!