Recipe by PianoCook
From "365 Ways to Cook Chicken." An easy way to barbecue in the oven. With most of the recipes in this book, I just substitute chicken breasts for the whole chicken, and it turns out wonderful. The salt and pepper were also my addition. Don't skimp on a cheap barbecue sauce here. The barbecue flavor is clearly what's crucial (i.e. don't go with the 99 cent Kraft bottle). You want a slightly thicker barbecue sauce, with a definite hickory flavor.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 14 ounces hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken pieces in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, Worcestershire, bourbon, and mustard. Pour over chicken. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours, or refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake uncovered, basting every 15 minutes, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until chicken is tender.