Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, easy, and just plain good. The pie crust is perfect contrast to the sweet berry filling. This recipe came from the website of Atty Donald Burger of Houston, Tx. and I adapted it only slightly. He sure knows how to cook!!!!! I've used Splenda with great results instead of the sugar and also have made it with blueberries. If fresh berries are not in season, substitute a 16 0z bag frozen. If you like more berries, add as much as the bowls will hold. UhHuh!
- Rinse fresh berries. In a seperate bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, flour and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly. Combine the dry ingredients with the berries, coating the berries well.
- Use one of four single serving cobbler bowls, (2 1/2 inches by 3 3/4 inches in diameter Corningware) or as I do, a deep dish glass pie pan. Spray lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Pour the Blackberries, coated with above mix into cobbler bowls or pie plate. Place the pie crust on top and cut two holes in crust.
- I like to brush the crust with milk or 1/2 and 1/2 and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place bowls or pie plate on cookie sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes at 425 or 45 minutes at 375. Top with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy with coffee. You're gonna like it!