Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you're in a hurry, but want a great tasting, hearty soup, this is it!
Make and share this Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices cooked bacon, cut in large pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style black beans, with juice
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Place bacon pieces, onion, vegetables and broth into a shallow glass dish and cover with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Using a blender, blend 1 can of black beans with the vegetables and bacon. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
- Blend 1/2 of the second can in the blender. Pour the blended beans and the remaining whole beans into the saucepan and add tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Taste and add salt if desired.
- Stir the milk into the sour cream and mix well. Pour into a squirt bottle or small zip-top bag and snip the corner.
- Ladle the soup into the serving bowls and garnish with sour cream-milk mixture and pico de gallo.