If you're in a hurry, but want a great tasting, hearty soup, this is it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices cooked bacon, cut in large pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style black beans, with juice
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1Place bacon pieces, onion, vegetables and broth into a shallow glass dish and cover with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 2Using a blender, blend 1 can of black beans with the vegetables and bacon. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
- 3Blend 1/2 of the second can in the blender. Pour the blended beans and the remaining whole beans into the saucepan and add tomato sauce and seasonings.
- 4Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 5Taste and add salt if desired.
- 6Stir the milk into the sour cream and mix well. Pour into a squirt bottle or small zip-top bag and snip the corner.
- 7Ladle the soup into the serving bowls and garnish with sour cream-milk mixture and pico de gallo.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 627.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo