Lyss the nutritionist's Note:
A delightful and healthy vegetarian soup with high fiber, protein, potassium and iron! The pumpkin adds a thicker texture where the butternut squash base keeps it sweet and "soupy". Serve in a Whole grain bread bowl or with a whole grain loaf to top off this delectable meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups butternut squash soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, no salt added
- 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/8 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin, pureed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1Pour soup carton into a large pot and cook on medium.
- 2Add spinach leaves and stir until mixed together and let simmer for a few minutes.
- 3Stir in garlic and continue to cook on medium heat for a few minutes and then add cumin and oregano to taste.
- 4Then add black beans, tomatoes (if used), feta cheese, and sun dried tomatoes.
- 5Stir together making sure all ingredients are mixed evenly and then let simmer for a minute or two until thoroughly heated.
- 6Serve with toasted whole wheat bread or in a whole grain bread bowl.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Black Bean Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butternut squash soup