1/2 Photos of Quick and Easy Beef Stew
We don't eat red meat very often in our house, but every once in a while someone gets a craving for a hearty beef stew and some crusty Sourdough bread. This is my standby recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium mixing bowl put flour and teaspoon each salt and pepper, mix.
- 2Toss the beef cubes in the flour until coated.
- 3In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat until the oil blooms.
- 4Reserving the extra flour in the bowl, add the meat to the soup pot and cook until the meat is browned on all sides.
- 5Add carrot, onion, and potatoes to pot sprinkling the remaining flour over the veggies to coat.
- 6Mix the meat, veggies, and flour thoroughly and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until veggies start to soften.
- 7Add all three tins of beef broth and bring to a boil.
- 8Boil until veggies are tender, add the worcestershire sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1419.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast