1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Banana Mango Chutney
I live on a hilltop in Costa Rica and have an over-abundance of mangoes and bananas growing wild all over our property - so when I found this wonderful recipe for Cuban Ahi with Banana-Mango Chutney by Chef Manami, I couldn't resist. It turned out wonderfully and I am posting the chutney by itself so I can group it in a separate cookbook. I've made some tweaks based on personal preference - but the original recipe is awesome. You can use just ripe bananas if you don't have green - but I like the texture when using both. Thank you, Manami!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (less if you don't like it spicy)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 2 medium green bananas, sliced
- 1 medium banana, ripe, sliced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, diced, divided use
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1In medium saucepan, combine first seven ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer one minute.
- 3Add green bananas and half the diced mango, stir well to combine and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick and bananas are tender.
- 4Remove from heat and add remaining banana and mango, along with the raisins.
- 5Stir well to combine, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 6To make ginger juice: place peeled and chopped fresh ginger in a Magic Bullet type blender jar, add small amount of water (just enuf to blend), blend till liquefied and strain into glass container. Refrigerate. Use for cooking, add to lemonade, or dilute for a refreshing tea. It will turn a tan color but that's perfectly ok.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Banana Mango Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1208.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 302.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 248.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: