1/11 Photos of Quick and Easy Baked Ziti
This is a quick dish I like to make when I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. If you like a zestier ziti, use a hot Italian sausage. Note: cooking/prep time does not include time for cooking pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) package ziti pasta or 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish; set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onions, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain fat.
- 3Add pasta sauce and cook until mixture is hot, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to the sauce mixture and mix well. Stir in 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese, mixing until well combined.
- 4Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- 5Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.2
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 1835.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 35.6 g