Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe sounds crazy, but is a handy meal for the mom on the go. I came up with this recipe back in the days when time was tight and the budget was even tighter. My family still likes it. You can dress it up or down with ingredients that you like and have on hand very easily.
- Brown ground beef.
- Prepare the potatoes in a casserole dish as indicated on the box, except leave the butter or margarine out.
- Top your potato mixture with the ground beef.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and green onion.
- Let sit for approx 5 - 10 minutes until cheese melts and serve.
I made some changes that made this not quite as easy, but still really good. First I made my own mashed potatoes (potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese). I also added some green pepper and onion to the beef when I was cooking it. Next time (when I don't have a much time to make homemade potatoes) I will use the instant. Regardless, this is an easy, yummy and most importantly budget friendly meal. Thanks for a very versatile recipe. Spring PAC 2009.