Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quick and tasty way to make baked pasta without the need to pre-boil the pasta. Feel free to use a variety of cheeses - i just used what i normally keep on hand, but a variety of Gruyere, Romano, Mozzarella, or others would be excellent replacements for the Mexican blend. Also try with cubed chicken added to the mix.
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce with parmesan cheese (Classico brand)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (or milk)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (chopped)
- Mix all ingredients together (adding the pasta last) and place in a 9x7 baking dish. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 70-75 minutes.
- Note: You can add an additional 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese to the top after baking for about an hour. Recover and continue baking till done.