Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe comes from southernfood.about.com. It does not specify if the beans should be drained or not, so I guess it's up to you and depends on how much sauce you want with your beans.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) cansmall red beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine everything in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
This was very good. I didn't have all of the right beans so substituted a large can of chili beans (I rinsed out the sauce it was in), and two cans of kidney beans. I also browned my sausage before putting it in the crockpot. My husband loved this. Made with cornbread (recipe # "318894"). Thanks...this was quick and easy.