Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
My husband used to ask for baked beans every day when we first married. I made them this way to save time. I made them every day for a year, thinking he would get sick and tired of them & not ask for them all the time. After 24 years of marriage, this is still one of his favorite dishes.
- 16 ounces van camp's pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- Drain the beans (do NOT rinse). (If you are baking the beans in the oven, don't drain as much-or not at all.).
- Mix in all other ingredients except bacon.
- If you're in a hurry, microwave for 2 minutes & skip the bacon. (This is my preferred method.).
- Stir and serve.
- Otherwise, put bacon on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- Note: all amounts are approximate. Adjust to your taste.
These turned out great! Quick and easy to throw together for a bbq. Can't get any better than that!
This was very easy, pretty good. It was a little dry as stated by others. I cooked it covered the whole time. Thank you very much, I will use again for a quick fix.
Wow! The baked beans was excellent. My whole family loved it. It was very easy and not too many ingredients. I had used real bacon bits and it came out great! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting.