My husband used to ask for baked beans every day when we first married. I made them this way to save time. I made them every day for a year, thinking he would get sick and tired of them & not ask for them all the time. After 24 years of marriage, this is still one of his favorite dishes.
- Drain the beans (do NOT rinse). (If you are baking the beans in the oven, don't drain as much-or not at all.).
- Mix in all other ingredients except bacon.
- If you're in a hurry, microwave for 2 minutes & skip the bacon. (This is my preferred method.).
- Stir and serve.
- Otherwise, put bacon on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- Note: all amounts are approximate. Adjust to your taste.