Recipe by LousyChef
I needed an easy way to use up some cans of baked beans (which I don't like as a side dish) so I came up with this soup. Tasty and speedy! I used some left over grilled pork loin and it was delicious. I imagine you could use ham, chicken or bacon with similar results.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb cooked pork or 1 lb cooked chicken or 1 lb cooked ham, cubed or 1 lb bacon
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baked beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable stock or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- water, to desired consistency
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large soup pot.
- Fry onion, carrot, celery, garlic and meat for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except extra water, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add additional water to desired consistency. I liked mine more like a stew. You may like yours more soupy. It does thicken up!
- Goes great with grilled cheese sandwiches or cornbread muffins.