Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very tasty and easy! I use the individual containers of applesause my family leaves in the frig to make this cake. I have used different favored applecauses too.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can applesauce
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- Blend sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Grease Bundt pan and dust with 1 tablespoon of the sugar-cinnamon mixture, reserving remainder for cake.
- In large bowl combined margarine, eggs, applesauce, and cake mix until moistened.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture; then top with reserved batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until done.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then invert on serving plate.
This was a great recipe! I did tweak it with the addition of a tsp of vanilla and a dash of nutmeg. Will make it again as my husband has already eaten a third of the cake!!
We made this for National Applesauce Cake Day at Day Care. I was looking for a simple recipe & This was easy for the kids to help with:) They could hardly wait to cut into it & it was still a little warm when they ate it !! It has a wonderful aroma from mixing to baking :) It's very moist and mild flavored so the kids really enjoyed it!! I am gluten free so I am going to try this recipe with the GF yellow cake mix so I get to enjoy it :)
Yummy !!! Delish!!! This cake was so moist and so easy to make. This is definitely a keeper. I used homemade applesauce that was made with brown sugar, aside from that I followed the recipe exactly as written. I baked it in a 13x9in pan for about 33 minutes instead of using a bundt pan. Thanks again.