tasty apple tarts made in a muffin tin and topped with almonds...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Lay single sheet of phyllo on a cutting board.
- 3Brush with half of the butter.
- 4Cut crosswise with scissors into three 5-inch wide strips, fold each into thirds to form a square shape.
- 5Using scissors, round off corners.
- 6Gently mold pastry into muffin cups (use a pan that makes 6 muffins).
- 7Repeat with the other sheet of phyllo.
- 8Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 9Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- 10In a nonstick frying pan, combine sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, cook stirring constantly over medium heat until bubbling.
- 11Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until apples are tender.
- 12Cool slightly.
- 13Carefully spoon apple mixture into shells and sprinkle with almonds then sift the icing sugar on top.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Apple Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 54.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g