Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
tasty apple tarts made in a muffin tin and topped with almonds...
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups sliced peeled apples
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay single sheet of phyllo on a cutting board.
- Brush with half of the butter.
- Cut crosswise with scissors into three 5-inch wide strips, fold each into thirds to form a square shape.
- Using scissors, round off corners.
- Gently mold pastry into muffin cups (use a pan that makes 6 muffins).
- Repeat with the other sheet of phyllo.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- In a nonstick frying pan, combine sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, cook stirring constantly over medium heat until bubbling.
- Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until apples are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Carefully spoon apple mixture into shells and sprinkle with almonds then sift the icing sugar on top.
Very quick and easy to make, not to mention yummy. I wound up using less almonds (didn't fit on the tarts) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. My guests had no complaints either.