Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe in an email- I haven't tried it yet, but the idea of using a can of Spaghettios in it sounded interesting! The recipe says you can either use the spaghettios, alphabet soup, or just alphabet pasta- I'm pretty sure that each one will make three very different tasting versions of soup, so I guess I'll have to try it three times to see which one works best!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can Spaghetti-o alphabet pasta or 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalphabet soup or 1 cup dry alphabet pasta (cooked)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion and carrots, and saute until mixture is crisp tender.
- Add chicken and beef broths and bring to a boil.
- Stir in corn and peas and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add can of spaghettios, or alphabet soup or pasta, and cook until soup is hot, stirring frequently.
- Serve with grilled ciabata bread or a grilled open face cheese sandwich, and enjoy!