Recipe by Indemnity83
My brother and I make this all the time when people come over, and its usually the first thing gone. Its a fairly straightforward layered bean dip that you can throw together in minutes with readily available ingredients. Truth be told, if you count there are only 6-layers to this dish, the original recipe called for a layer of salsa and a layer of onions, we've combined and simplified (and bettered in my opinion) these two layers with pico de gallo. But since nobody has really questioned it, we've never called it anything else.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican blend cheese
- 16 ounces pico de gallo
- 1 (8 ounce) bag lettuce (shredded)
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the re-fried beans and taco seasoning and spread evenly in a 9" x 13" baking dish (or similarly sized serving dish).
- Mix together the sour cream and cream cheese and spread over-top beans.
- Add the next layers: pico de gallo, shredded lettuce & cheese.
- Garnish the dish with chopped green onion and bell pepper and serve with a large bowl of chips.