Recipe by Anu_N
Call me crazy, but I thought this one up in my head at 11:30 at night while watching a Formula 1 race on TV! After the race, at 12:30 in the morning, I made this using three slices of bread to see how it would turn out. I meant to "taste" one, and leave the rest for the rest of my family, but I should've known better, really...Try this one, I promise you'll love it as much as I did!
- cooking spray
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, divided (I use Hersheys)
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices.
- Roll out each bread slice individually into a 1/8 inch thick"sheet" using a rolling pin.
- Ensure that the bread does not crumble or tear.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter horizontally over the lower half of a single pressed bread slice (the side of the bread near you).
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate syrup evenly over the remaining half of the bread slice.
- You should now have a bread slice with two horizontal sections; the one on top with chocolate syrup, and the one below with peanut butter.
- Roll the bread slice tightly from top to bottom, from the chocolate syrup-filled layer to the peanut butter layer.
- Using a sharp knife, cut this"log" into half, making two shorter"logs".
- Repeat for the remaining 11 slices of bread.
- Arrange these"logs", seam side down, on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, or cool completely on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.