Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't think any un-seasoned vegan would like this. Most vegan "mac and cheese" recipes with nutritional yeast call for some sort of starch. The starch left over from boiling noodles turns out to be enough. This became my standard ten minute lunch while I was studying for graduate school exams.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat penne
- 1 veggie burger
- 1⁄2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- water, for boiling
- Boil the noodles in just enough water to cover them by about 1 inch.
- Microwave, or otherwise warm the veggie burger and vegetables. Dice the veggie burger into small pieces.
- Once the noodles are done, don't drain them! Stir in the nutritional yeast and spices. It should thicken up a little as it simmers. This will stick to the pot very easily.
- Add the vegetables and veggie burger, stir well. If the yeast mixture is too wet, it'll dry out a bit if you keep it on medium low heat and continue to stir.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric and about 1 tablespoon of tahini give this a more interesting taste.