This is a somewhat simplified recipe from a great vegan website, http://ohsheglows.com/. It tastes amazing, with very little effort! Add in some vegan ground round, and you've got cheeseburger sauce for macaroni. We did that, and added frozen veggies, too. Awesome instant supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine (I recommend Earth Balance, as it's vegan and delicious!)
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick (the original recipe called for all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (make sure it's unsweetened and unflavored, I used a hodgepodge of what needed to be used up... 1/2 r)
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1In a 2-cup measuring cup, whisk together the Bisquick and milk until all clumps are gone.
- 2In a skillet or pot, melt the Earth Balance over medium heat. Pour in the milk and Bisquick mixture, and add the nutritional yeast. Whisk well. Reduce heat to low-medium.
- 3Add Dijon and garlic salt to taste, and whisk frequently until the sauce thickens up, for about 2-5 minutes. Don't let the sauce burn!
- 4If the sauce ends up too thin, you can add more Bisquick. Or if it's too thick, you can add more "milk" as needed.
- 5Store in an air-tight container for up to 5-7 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove-top (add a splash of milk if it’s too thick) and whisk well.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Dirty 5-Ingredient Vegan Cheeze Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.1
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 545.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: