Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Handy way to use up zucchini from the garden
- Summary: Puree zucchini in broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- I harvest one of the huge zukes (larger than my entire forearm) cut it in chunks and place them in a blender with some chicken broth.
- I simply open a large can (48 ounces- about 6 cups) of "College Inn" brand of chicken broth and use some of the broth in the blender with the zucchini so the blender can puree the zukes more easily.
- Then pour the rest of the broth from the can into a soup pot with all the pureed zukes and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes.
- It comes out a clear, velvety texture with lovely green bits to color it.
- I store any leftover soup in the fridge.
- But it's so good we usually finish it up in just one day.