Recipe by Chadg
This recipe is scrumptious! The sour cream gives it a "what is that" type flavor! You will be the hero of the pot luck, so take the recipe card with you. I got this from my mom who has made it the same way for 34 + years! For richest casserole, use Ritz brand crackers, as store brand don't seem, to me, to be as flavorful. I adapted the recipe to add a little color and more veggies to the younger ones! Trust me, they will eat their veggies in this casserole. Enjoy!
- 2 cups chicken, fully cooked and diced
- 2 eggs, Boiled and diced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained (optional)
- 4 ounces Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Add all ingredients but crackers and butter to mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and turn into your favorite casserole dish. I use 9 X 13.
- In seperate bowl, add cracker crumbs and melted butter. Gently toss.
- Add cracker mixture to top of casserole mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Try leftover turkey, grilled chicken even for a totally different flavor!