2 hrs 10 mins
Carrie A's Note:
This recipe is a family favorite. The few people that know I use canned biscuits cannot believe it! I think they are better than homemade. This is the only leftovers that get eaten in my house until they are gone. Even the people I work with made me bring some in after seeing them when I brought them to lunch!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth and water to a boil in large pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper. (Remember you have a lot of broth to flavor).
- 2Add chicken. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Remove chicken to slightly cool.
- 4Turn heat on high.
- 5During this time rip each biscuit into 3 pieces, add to pot coating each piece with broth.
- 6Cover, cook for about 7 minutes.
- 7Remove lid, gently flip or stir dumplings to cook other side.
- 8Cover for 7-10 minutes until dumplings seem sturdy.
- 9Taste gravy, salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Remove skin from chicken, and rip from bone into chunks.
- 11Add chicken back to pot, simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes.
- 12The dumplings will look like a large amount, but they will shrink as they cook.
- 13Also, they will float and cover the entire pot, so don't worry!
- 14Enjoy, they are delicious!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Delicious Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.1
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 1485.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 17.5 g