1/1 Photo of Quick and Deeelish Jam Cake With Caramel Frosting
Aunt Yaya's Note:
You can make this moist jam cake from a spice cake boxed mix AND the caramel frosting tastes like the old-fashioned penuche fudge....ummm ummmm. It is rich and buttery and oh so quick. You can make the cake ahead of time, wrap the layers well, and freeze for at least three weeks if you like. It will be the hit of your Christmas or Holiday Party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup applesauce (plain)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup blackberry jam (Smuckers)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Prepare three 8" or two 9" round cake pans.
- 4Mix the cake mix and cinnamon together.
- 5Add the buttermilk, applesauce, vegetable oil, eggs, and jam.
- 6Mix thoroughly.
- 7Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- 8Pour batter into pans.
- 9Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until they spring back when touched lightly in the middle.
- 10Cool for 10 minutes in the pan; invert cakes onto wire cooling racks.
- 11Set aside and prepare frosting.
- 13Use the butter wrapper to grease the inside of a saucepan.
- 14Over medium heat melt butter and brown sugar together; bring to a boil.
- 15Stir and boil for 2 minutes exactly.
- 16Stir in evaporated milk; bring to boil.
- 17Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 18Beat until smooth and creamy.
- 19Not only do I double the recipe, but at the end I put it in a mixing bowl before it cools down and beat it with a mixer. When it starts cooling it will get thicker, so frost cake before it hardens.
- 20I made seven of these yesterday, wrapped them in plastic wrap after they cooled, put them in cake boxes with a bow and a tag and they made WONDERFUL (and very appreciated) presents for family and friends.
- 21Enjoy, and please let me know if you enjoy them as much as we do!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Deeelish Jam Cake With Caramel Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.5
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 78.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g