Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and easy tomato soup. Great for soup and sandwich night! If you can't find tomatoes with herbs, you can use plain tomatoes and add 1 tsp of an Italian herb mix. Remember canned tomatoes are already salted so you may not need extra salt.
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with herbs
- 1 small onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, croutons, bacon bits
- Place all ingredients except the half and half in the blender, blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a pot, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half and half, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish as desired. Enjoy!