Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Your kids will love this!
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 8 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- Combine all ingrediencts in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Serve right away or chill for a later serving.
YUMMO! I loved this smooth and fruity dessert. It was really easy and quick to make and both my sis and me gobbled it up. ;)
I made half the recipe using no sugar at all and liked it that way.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us.
Made and reviewed for the Apple Events in the Diabetic and Spanish Forum and the Dessert Event in the Photo Forum October 2010.
Yes I would tend to agree with Toni...even though I did not try the recipe. I would think that 8 tsp of Splenda would be the Baking splenda. One could just adjust the quantity of splenda...One teaspoon of baking splenda is only 2 calories. But it sure sounds like a great light desert and I will definitely save this one and try it.
While I'm not sure this is a great dessert, with a little less sugar I would happily add this to my regular list of yogurt combinations for breakfast. Really nice if you are looking for something smooth and creamy, but don't want all the calories.