Recipe by Southern Lady
This recipe was one of the two $25,000 grand prize winners in the 1972 Pillsbury Bake-Off contest. Winner: Isabelle Collins of Ramona, CA. I didn't see another recipe on Zaar.
- 1⁄2 cup flour (Pillsbury BEST)
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, coconut, brown sugar and pecans.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan; gently press dough to cover bottom of pan. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle coconut mixture over condensed milk; press in lightly.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.