Hugo Soares's Note:
Here's how I survive, all sorts of Pasta! boiling water salt chicken stock cube
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have some boiling water, with salt and one of those chicken stock cubes in it and a tablespoon of butter.
- 2When it starts to boil, add the Spaghetti or any other type of pasta.
- 3After about 10-15 minutes, the pasta should be cooked (try it and see if its not hard) Remove the water, stir a little bit with a fork (don't squish it!) and let it dry for about one minute. You can eat the pasta like this it's good, but you'll be fed up with it in no time, so, the solution I found is to add some nice sauce: Start making the sauce about 5 minutes after the pasta's been boiling Have some oil or olive oil on a frying pan or a small pan.
- 4Add half an onion cut into little pieces.
- 5When the onion starts to get transparent and soft add a little bit of concentrated tomato, just about 4-5 table spoons.
- 6Stir (have the fire set to LOW) Add half a cup of water and stir again.
- 7Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, mustard, lemon juice, and any sort of seasoning you like, and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- 8And there, you have your basic sauce recipe, if you're vegan, just pour it over the pasta, it's very tasty.
- 9If you're not vegan you'll soon get fed up with this to, to solve that problem, simply add whatever you want to the sauce, it's excellent with canned tuna, mushrooms, fish leftovers, meat, ham, really ANYTHING you like! And the great thing is that the sauce has a completely different taste depending on what you add to it. I hope this helps :)
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Cheap Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 614.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: