Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is straight out of my college cooking regimen, featuring, of course, Ramen noodles! This is great hot or cold, especially when you're dying for a thai curry fix. Add your favorite veggies!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 -2 tablespoon thai green chili paste (or red, or panang)
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk (Silk Soy Creamer if you're feeling extravagant)
- 3 -5 dashes lime juice (a few squirts)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Boil four cups of water.
- Add the Ramen and a seasoning packet, cook for three minutes.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of the liquid and drain the noodles. Put them aside.
- In the same pot, add the Ramen liquid, the curry paste, the soy creamer, and the lime juice. Whisk together.
- Add the cornstarch, whisk again, and bring everything to a boil for a few seconds.
- Lower the heat and whisk until the sauce just begins to thicken, then pour over the noodles.
- If you like things like presentation, garnish with cilantro springs and chopped peanuts.
This recipe was super easy and cheap! I was in a hurry so didn't add any veggies to mine, but DH and I still enjoyed this. I followed the recipe exactly as written EXCEPT for using half and half instead of soymilk, and used the green curry paste. Will definitely make this again - great meal for 2 (well, unless DH and I are just big eaters!), not sure it would do for 4 unless you had quite a few veggies in there.
Most easy and most excellent! I followed the recipe exactly, and this is a cheap and delicious winner!
This recipe sure was quick! Hubby and Little Miss (DD) wanted to eat steak and since I don't eat red meat. I needed a recipe that was easy, quick to make and was able to use Green Curry Paste (Gaeng Kiow Wan). I added stir fried veggies (carrots, mushrooms, corn, zucchini, eggplant, beans and broccoli) also added a hand full of cooked chicken strips. I was toying of the idea to use coconut milk instead of soy but I didn't, maybe next time. The flavors were nice and I like the fact I ate a very health meal. Thank you Vegan Courtney.