Recipe by mandabears
Yum Yum if you like anchovies. Salty, creamy, buttery, garlicky, luscious and easy. 2 entree servings or 4 appetizer servings
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2 ounce) canflat anchovies packed in oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 5-7 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1/2 pound pasta for 2 generous servings.
- Prepare the sauce while the pasta water is boiling.
- I like to use vermicelli.
- In a small skillet melt the butter.
- Add minced garlic.
- Cook until golden brown until it smells toasted.
- Do not let it scorch or it will taste bitter.
- When the garlic is golden brown, add the entire can of anchovies, including oil and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook and stir until the anchovies dissolve.
- If the pasta is not cooked yet, turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, finish the sauce.
- Add light cream to the sauce, and cook until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Pour over the well drained pasta and toss vigorously.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.