Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yum Yum if you like anchovies. Salty, creamy, buttery, garlicky, luscious and easy. 2 entree servings or 4 appetizer servings
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2 ounce) canflat anchovies packed in oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 5-7 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound pasta for 2 generous servings.
- Prepare the sauce while the pasta water is boiling.
- I like to use vermicelli.
- In a small skillet melt the butter.
- Add minced garlic.
- Cook until golden brown until it smells toasted.
- Do not let it scorch or it will taste bitter.
- When the garlic is golden brown, add the entire can of anchovies, including oil and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook and stir until the anchovies dissolve.
- If the pasta is not cooked yet, turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, finish the sauce.
- Add light cream to the sauce, and cook until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Pour over the well drained pasta and toss vigorously.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
Mandabears, this is wonderful. Delightfully, wickedly decadent with all the butter, oil and cream. If you like Bagna Couda you will LOVE this!
This was so delicious, if you like anchovies then you must try this. My husband ate the whole thing!!! I served it with pasta and string beans. with all that butter it won't be an every day dish but i will be keeping this recipe and making it again!!!