Recipe by Loves2Teach
I love this bread and I had a craving for it, but didn't want to wait the month it took for the starter to be ready, so, I modified it a bit. It might not be quite as tasty as the original, but it's great if you want it in a hurry! I like to use butterscotch pudding for a different, but really nice flavor! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by cburke11616
I made a few modifications to make it almost fat free and it still turned out awesome! I substituted 1 cup of applesauce for the 1 cup of oil. I also substituted 3/4 cup of egg beaters for the 3 eggs and I also used skim milk and it still turned out very moist and delicious. I used butter flavored Pam on the pan and sprinkled sugar/cinnamon combination in the pan and then on top of the batter before going in the oven. No more starter for me! Thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (or flavor of your choice)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix "starter" ingredients together.
- Mix oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla with the "starter".
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix, and nuts.
- Add to liquid mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into two large well-greased 9x5 inch loaf pans, one Bundt pan, or 48 muffin tins.
- Bake at 325F for one hour or until done (muffins will take only 30-35 minutes) and enjoy!