I love this bread and I had a craving for it, but didn't want to wait the month it took for the starter to be ready, so, I modified it a bit. It might not be quite as tasty as the original, but it's great if you want it in a hurry! I like to use butterscotch pudding for a different, but really nice flavor! Hope you enjoy!
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml milk
- 177.44 ml flour
- 236.59 ml oil
- 118.29 ml milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 145.14 g box instant vanilla pudding (or flavor of your choice)
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix "starter" ingredients together.
- Mix oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla with the "starter".
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix, and nuts.
- Add to liquid mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into two large well-greased 9x5 inch loaf pans, one Bundt pan, or 48 muffin tins.
- Bake at 325F for one hour or until done (muffins will take only 30-35 minutes) and enjoy!