Recipe by Manami
The cinnamon almond paste makes an ordinary crescent roll into an awesome treat. They are a special but easy addition to holiday brunches or at any time. Found on odense.com.
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon milk, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF or temperature noted with crescent roll directions.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Grate almond paste on large hole side of a box grater.
- Add almond paste, butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour to food processor.
- Mix until well blended.
- Unroll crescent dough.
- Divide each package into 4 rectangles.
- Pinch center seams together securing the rectangle shape.
- With a spatula, spread equal amounts of cinnamon almond filling over each rectangle.
- Starting at the short end of each rectangle, roll dough into a roll and pinch seam closed.
- Cut each roll into 3 equal pieces and slightly flatten with fingers.
- Place each piece, side by side, on baking sheet(4 rows across and 6 rows down).
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- While rolls are cooling, whisk powdered sugar with orange juice or milk mixed with almond extract.
- Spread onto cooled rolls and sprinkle with toasted almonds while icing is still wet.