Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This alfredo sauce uses much of the things I usually have on hand.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add garlic.
- Add cream cheese. Melt while stirring with fork.
- Add milk slowly, stirring to keep smooth consistency.
- Add cheese and pepper.
- When as thick as you like it, serve with noodles.
Was looking for something super easy to make for my pregnant daughter-in-law and this was it! Was even some extra to freeze for a later meal.
Very easy & good. Everyone like it. I used neufchatel cheese & skim milk to lighten it a little. At the end, it tasted great but was thin, so I added a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a little milk. That thickened it nicely.
This was quick, easy and tasty! It didn't seem to thicken up enough for me when it was still on the stove, but really thickened as it cooled off a bit.