Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family favorite, and a meatless meal!
- 1 lb ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce (we prefer the canned Hunt's Traditional flavor - cheap too!)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms (can use 2 cans stems & pieces if you don't have fresh)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices round provolone cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions (a little oil added to the water helps keep it from sticking together).
- Set aside.
- Spray a 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in bottom of the dish.
- Next, layer of 1/3 of the mushrooms and 1/3 of the pasta.
- Spread all the ricotta over this layer.
- Then layer half the remaining sauce, another 1/3 mushrooms and another 1/3 pasta.
- Sprinkle all the Parmesan cheese over this layer.
- Finally, layer remaining sauce, mushrooms and pasta.
- Cover this layer with the mozzarella.
- Place the slices of Provolone on top.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.
My family enjoyed this very much. The next time I make it I want to layer the cheese more. It seemed to have too much cheese on top for our liking. But it certainly tasted wonderful! Thank you!
This was fantastic. I made it as a side to Miss Nezz's Parmesan Chicken. Throw in some garlic bread and you've got a great meal. It also reheats pretty well. I made half the recipe in an 8x8 pan and there was plenty for our family of three. When I make this again (and I definitely will) I will probably spice up the marinara sauce a little. Thanks for sharing.
DELICIOUS! This was filling and easy to make. I used Muenster cheese instead of provolone. I halve the recipe. I will make this again. Thanks! I'm glad I picked this for ingredient tag!